If you’ve never seen this hilarious video, please do yourself a favor and give it a watch. This animated narrator, Randall, gets me every time and I’m always impressed by what a “badass” the Honey Badger is.
Some fast facts, for those who are yearning to learn more about this fierce creature (thank you Wikipedia):
- Honey badgers are intelligent animals and are one of few species capable of using tools.
- The honey badger is most closely related to the martin (not badgers).
- The honey badger possesses an anal pouch which is reportedly "suffocating", and may assist in calming bees when raiding beehives (and you’ll see this guy raid a “house of bees” in the video).
- Captive individuals have been known to live for approximately 24 years.
- The voice of the honey badger is a hoarse "khrya-ya-ya-ya" sound.