Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Spring Veg

I’m very fond of Fiddlehead ferns and, as they have such a short window, I try to take advantage of their springy, fresh taste, contrasting textures and general awesomeness, when available.


After enjoying some on Saturday evening at The Harrison with a simple aioli and sprinkling of bread crumb (while we sat next to Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo, I may add), I knew there would be more in my not so distant future. I might also add, that I had an amazing plate of chips and chicken liver and a nice ramekin of snails, as well – but we’re all about Fiddleheads now.  

As such, I present to you, my Fiddlehead Fiesta. The freshest of veggies, I sautéed cipollini onions, asparagus and fiddleheads in olive oil, garlic and with lemon zest and juice. After a very quick cook, I made a bed of veggies (below) and topped them with breadcrumbs, parm and a bit of butter. A couple of closely watched minutes under the broiler and it was ready to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment