Monday, July 18, 2011

Tragedy!


 Once again, the “No. 1 Heavy Metal Tribute to the Bee Gees in the Tri-State Area” decimated Brooklyn City.  As expected, Tragedy put on another fun-filled, cheeky and raucous show at the sweet venue, Brooklyn Bowl!
A big fan, I was super stoked to have a group of friends join us for the show and there were even a few Tragedy virgins, which is always the best as there’s nothing like experiencing Tragedy for the first time.  
Mixing it up a bit, this set was performed in reverse order and “Tragedy,” filled with chicks on stage dancing, was the first of the night. While I’ve wanted to get on stage in the past, this week I was feeling spunky (must have been my hot pink “R.I.P Robin Gibbens” shirt) and when I was pointed at, quickly climbed aboard. It was a great time, and as a big fan, was super stoked to rock out with the band! 
Very blurry, but there I am in the back...
After they were through and we were told to “get the F off the stage,” they proceeded through their fast paced, metal-riffic set which includes tons of Bee Gees hits like “Stayin’ Alive,” Jive Talkin’,” and my favorite, “How Deep is Your Love.” 
 Tragedy, in my humble opinion, is a must see band and I’ve yet to find anyone who doesn’t have a ton of fun at their show. It’s a guaranteed good time of costumes, glitter and crude comments, which always makes for a laugh or ten. 
 For anyone that’s dying to see them (and you should be) they’re playing BK Bowl again this Friday (and the following) and I highly recommend you go because it’s a damn good time. 
And, as the great brother Barry would say, “You’re welcome so much.”

No comments:

Post a Comment